#LinuxSucks So Lets Fix It
An attempt to FIX Linux
But. Seriously. #LinuxSucks
- Ever Have Audio Problems?
- How about WiFi Issues?
- Maybe Updates That Break Core Functionality?
- Perhaps Lack of Software Forces you to use Other OS
I will Now Look At These Points Individually & Address Them
Ever Have Audio Problems?
He Addresses This Question By Saying "almost every distribution seems to like to use a completely different audio framework" ... "The problem is, for one thing, this audio subsystems are different among-st multiple distributions but to make matters far worse is the framework that those applications use is also different, so you've got multiple applications attempting to use different sets of framework to interact with the same resources on the system, and explosions occur"
- Do Not Create A New Audio Framework
- Do Not Create A New Framework That Wraps Other Audio Frameworks
- The Real Key Is Which API Developers Use
- Pick One. Here, i will show you how easy it is
- GStreamer. There. Done.
How about WiFi Issues?
He Didn't Talk to Much about WiFi Issues
Maybe Updates That Break Core Functionality?
Updates That Break Core Functionality, I Have Dealt with these Problems
The Example he Gave Was About His HP Mini 1000 Having Ubuntu 8.10 Then When he Updated to 9.04 His Sounds Stops Working.
Here is The Solution He Gave
- Every New Version (Update) does not require a New Build Of The Kernel & A New Build Of X.ORG
- Test The Updates More Often
Perhaps Lack of Software Forces you to use Other OS
Lack of Software. He Made One Point That Had To Do With Packaging Before He Talked about Lack of Software, You See He Hates That We Have So Many Different Packages .deb .rpm ETC... So His Solution Was
- Focus on the Most Popular Package (Which Currently is .deb) & Use That.
- Focus On Specific Software & Fund Development For That.
Helping GIMP Become The Next Photoshop
Helping Develop/Fund A Professional Audio Program to Become the Next GarageBand Or Better
Like Photoshop & GarageBand, Unless Your Using a PC, People Need Professional Tools.
This one Of The Reasons People Wont Use Linux. No Matter What How Much You want to Use Linux, If It Has A Lack Of Software It Will Always Be Secondary.
We Will Now Focus On His Next 2010 #LinuxSucks
& Incase You Guys Use Windows Then y'all Should check This Out
https://allhacksandtricks.blogspot.com
& Incase You Guys Use Windows Then y'all Should check This Out
https://allhacksandtricks.blogspot.com
Now I Will Continue With These Points I Had Earlier
- Ever Have Audio Problems?
- How about WiFi Issues?
- Maybe Updates That Break Core Functionality?
- Perhaps Lack of Software Forces you to use Other OS
Lets See What Problems Have Gotten Better
Ever Have Audio Problems?
Audio issues Are Still A Problem But We Don't Have as Many Driver Issues.
The Problem Again Is That We Again Have To Many Distros & Developer Using To Many Framworks & Codecs.
His Solution:
- Do Not Create A New Audio framework.
- Standardize Damn it! Using GStreamer, Its the Most Popular
How about WiFi Issues?
WiFi Issues Did Not Seem to Be Much Of A Problem He Was Saying that You Can Get it to Work as Soon as the Linux OS is Installed, Normally.
Maybe Updates That Break Core Functionality?
Updates That Break Core Functionality Still Seem to Be A Problem in 2010.
Like Before His Solutions Were About the Same.
His Solution:
- Slow Down The Updates (Major) & Fix the Problem
- Test Before Release, Do Not Release any Updates Before Testing
- Test More Often
Perhaps Lack of Software Forces you to use Other OS
Ah Software & Packages, So Before i Get into Lack Of Software Like Before I Will Talk about Packaging Software.
He Talks about To Many Packages Again, .deb, .rpm, ETC...
Ridiculous.
His Solution:
- STANDARDIZE THE PACKAGES PEOPLE
- Use the Most Popular Package (.deb Is the Most Popular Currently)
His Solution was about the Same:
- Focus On Specific Software & Fund Development For That.
As You Can See I Used Bryan Lunduke's Videos But I Found 2 Generic Videos That I Would Like to Use
- No Enough Applications, In his Case Games
- Not Enough Support for Applications
- Too Many Packages, .deb, .rpm, ETC..
- Standardizing Problems
These are real Problems & they Need TO END
Ah Bryan So I will Now Go Back To His Videos
Again He Addresses All of these Points:
Now This Video Is Talking about How Toxic The Linux Community Can Be
If We are Going to Accomplish anything Than We Should Not Ever belittle someone because of the Distro they Use or the GUI They Use.
We Need to come together So That We Can Accomplish These Goals Or any other Goals That YOU Would Want to Accomplish.
Ah Bryan So I will Now Go Back To His Videos
Again He Addresses All of these Points:
- Ever Have Audio Problems?
- How about WiFi Issues?
- Maybe Updates That Break Core Functionality?
- Perhaps Lack of Software Forces you to use Other OS
- Choice Or Fragmentation
Choice is Something That is Core In The Linux Community.
What He Talks About is Choice as far As Updates
You Log into Facebook & they Changed the UI, You did not ask For
You Get on Your computer & Windows installed Updates, You Did not ask for
Freewill is Important Especially In The Linux Community.
I do Not Have Access to His 2013 So Next I Will Talk about His 2014
Lets Begin
Now This My Favorite Video and My First #LinuxSucks Video That I Have Seen.
Now in This Video He Talks about:
What I Will Now Do Is Organize all These Points.
Lets Begin.
Like Bryan Said
Freewill is Important Especially In The Linux Community.
I do Not Have Access to His 2013 So Next I Will Talk about His 2014
Lets Begin
Now in This Video He Talks about:
- Needless Senseless Forking
- Marking
- Funding
Needless Senseless Forking
Remember The old Saying "If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix it" It is Some What Like That.
Let Me give you One More Example, Movies, Disney Is Remaking all their Cartoons, Beauty and The Beast, The Jungle Book and Others into Live action Films, Which is Completely Stupid, However Some of the New movies Were Good The Plot Was The Exact Same but there were some scenes Added which complimented the Character or the Story, that Being Said I Still Like the Originals Better.
You Have OpenSSL The Original, & LibreSSL The Remake, Just Put the Added Code that Makes LibreSSL Better Into OpenSSL & FUND The Original. The Resources Used to Fund LibreSSL could Have been Used to Fund OpenSSL.
Marking
I am Not Going to Talk about Marketing Because I am Not Familiar With Marketing
Funding
He Has Already Talked about Funding & I am Trying to Come Up with An Idea For this.
Now Far As His Videos Go I am Done, Not With This Blog But With Explaining & expounding His Videos (@ Least I Think.).
If You use Linux because You Are or Enjoy Hacking check this Out
https://thehackerblog.com
http://www.ehacking.net
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If You use Linux because You Are or Enjoy Hacking check this Out
https://thehackerblog.com
http://www.ehacking.net
What I Will Now Do Is Organize all These Points.
Lets Begin.
Needless Senseless Forking
I Feel Like this is Very Important. Like I Said Before If Something Is Already Good & Working Well Do Not Fork it to Make it Better. Remember The Very First Point? We Talked about Standardizing
- Do Not Create A New Audio Framework
- Do Not Create A New Framework That Wraps Other Audio Frameworks
- The Real Key Is Which API Developers Use
- Pick One. Here, i will show you how easy it is
- GStreamer. There. Done.
Updates That Break Core Functionality
This is Not Much Of A Problem anymore But is still Sometimes a ProblemLike Bryan Said
- Every New Version (Update) does not require a New Build Of The Kernel & A New Build Of X.ORG
- Slow Down The Updates (Major) & Fix the Problem
- Test Before Release, Do Not Release any Updates Before Testing
- Test The Updates More Often
Lack of Software
Lack of Software Is a Problem And Still A Problem Here In 2017.
The Solution is To Fund Development For The Software You Want &/Or Software That Helps Linux Succeed.
Standardize
STANDARDIZE, FREAKING STANDARDIZE PEOPLE.
I Feel Like this is 2nd Important & That this Would fix Most Of Our Problems.
We Need To Standardize
We Need To Standardize
- Packages
- Audio Framework
- Windows Manager, Like X.org Or Wayland
- Let me talk about This for a moment. Remember When I Said to Use the Resources To Fund The Original Project, Well in this Case Like Bryan Said X.org is Old & in this Case Sometimes the Best thing to do is Start Fresh. (So I am Saying to Make Wayland the Standard)
- & Others (I don't Know What Else)
I Will Be Posting A Lot Of Videos About Linux From Bryan Lunduke
But i Want to See Ideas About How to Fix These Problems
& How To Get These Ideas TO COME TO PASS.
In This Lunduke Hour he Does A Q&A.
There is a Question That I ask That I guess he Missed
Here is The Question
Do U See Other Disros Getting Rid of Like Cinnamon (& Others) & Going Back to Gnome Or KDE, & Just Making Those Other Desktops Environment As Like Themes For Download?
I Want to Look @ This in a very Different way.
In case you Didn't Know Ubuntu Is Going Back to Gnome
(Which In My Opinion Sucks Unity is Sexy)
There are Doing This Because A Lot (& I think the Majority) Of People Didn't understand Or Didn't Like GUI, Now even Though They are Getting Rid Of It, You can Still Download It (Here is the 2d Version) & Install it.
(https://en.uptodown.com/ubuntu/search/unity)
http://gamblisfx.com/how-to-install-ubuntu-unity-on-linux-mint-17/
Now Before i said That We need To Standardize & This is a Great Way To do So. You Have 2 choices Gnome Or KDE, Which Makes It Easier For Devolopers & Most Importantly, New/Casual Linux Users, & Those Who Enjoy Any Other DEs (Desktops Environments) besides Can Be Downloaded.
Let Me Know What You Guys Think about this idea in the comments.
There is a Question That I ask That I guess he Missed
Here is The Question
Do U See Other Disros Getting Rid of Like Cinnamon (& Others) & Going Back to Gnome Or KDE, & Just Making Those Other Desktops Environment As Like Themes For Download?
I Want to Look @ This in a very Different way.
In case you Didn't Know Ubuntu Is Going Back to Gnome
(Which In My Opinion Sucks Unity is Sexy)
There are Doing This Because A Lot (& I think the Majority) Of People Didn't understand Or Didn't Like GUI, Now even Though They are Getting Rid Of It, You can Still Download It (Here is the 2d Version) & Install it.
(https://en.uptodown.com/ubuntu/search/unity)
http://gamblisfx.com/how-to-install-ubuntu-unity-on-linux-mint-17/
Now Before i said That We need To Standardize & This is a Great Way To do So. You Have 2 choices Gnome Or KDE, Which Makes It Easier For Devolopers & Most Importantly, New/Casual Linux Users, & Those Who Enjoy Any Other DEs (Desktops Environments) besides Can Be Downloaded.
Let Me Know What You Guys Think about this idea in the comments.
We Have Something very beautiful The Switch Has Been Hacked.
Now You May Be asking me What this has to do with Linux?
Well A Lot The Kernel Has Been Found in the Switch & they Have access.
This is Good Because the Switch OS is Linux Based Of course. I Think That it would be a good idea for The Kernel to be released.
Comments
Post a Comment